rules & regulations
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States. Employees of DeDe McGuire Foundation, DeDe McGuire., its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of said employees’ immediate family and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible.
Applicant must be a current or incoming freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student.
Applicant must have a cumulative college grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale, and be enrolled full-time at an accredited college, university, and technical/vocational schools between April 1, 2020 and January 1, 2021.
Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship.
Distribution of Payments
The winning recipient will receive a one-time, $1500 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including graduate and undergraduate tuition, fees and books for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Payments are issued by The DeDe McGuire Foundation, made payable to the student's approved college or university and mailed after April 15, 2020 directly to the college, university, and technical/vocational school last designated by the student.
Winner Selection and Announcements
The winner will be announced February 25, 2020. A team of judges will review all entries after the deadline of February 22, 2020.
Each entry will be judged on creativity, intricacy, and relevance to the prompt, as well as how they promoted their post.
All entries must be shared with email@example.com and social shares must have @DeDeMcGuireFoundation tagged.
Conditions of Award
If any other funds pay entirely the tuition, fees and books for the student's 2020/2021 academic year, the student is no longer eligible to receive this scholarship and will forfeit the award.
Winner must be available and present for ‘The DeDe McGuire Family Foundation Presents the 3rd Annual Women’s History Month Kick Off Luncheon and ‘Girl Power’ Event’ taking place February 28, 2020 at 12pm to receive the scholarship.
The institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Responsibilities of Recipients
The recipient must be actively enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in Spring 2020-Spring 2021 and for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency, or military service.
It is the recipient's responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify DeDe McGuire Foundation should the award check not arrive on or after 30 days from the issue date.
DeDe McGuire Foundation reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice.
All flowchart submissions and graphics become the property of The DeDe McGuire Foundation and may be reposted or displayed online, in whole or part, without notification.
By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the scholarship.
The DeDe McGuire Foundation has full editorial control of each submission and shall be entitled to use, alter, or delete submissions for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to applicants.
terms & conditions
1. The rules of the contest and the scholarship prize for each winner are as follows:
2. The promoter of this contest is The DeDe McGuire Foundation located at 4401 Little Rd. Suite 550 #272, Arlington TX 76016.
3. Employees of The DeDe McGuire Foundation, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of employees’ immediate family and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible.
4. Applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to participate.
5. Only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Legal Resident of the United States are eligible to participate.
6. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
7. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
8. The DeDe McGuire Foundation reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest as we determine, and shall not be required to award a substitute scholarship prize.
9. Route to entry for the contest and details of how to enter are available via www.dedemcguirefoundation.org. Individuals may enter to win by visiting www.dedemcguirefoundation.org. Applicants must provide their name, contact information, their school issued email address, and provide their final chart’s link so that DeDe McGuire Foundation can notify the winner of the results.
10. Closing date for entry will be February 22, 2020 at 11:59:59pm CST. After this date no further entries to the contest will be permitted.
11. Only one entry allowed per applicant.
12. Odds of winning are based on the total number of entrants. Only ten (10) winners will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries.
13. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by The DeDe McGuire Foundation.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 5 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the scholarship prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the scholarship prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The DeDe McGuire Foundation will notify the winner when and where the scholarship prize can be collected.
16. The winner will receive a one-time, $1,500 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses.
17. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $100 or more or for any prizes awarded by the The Dede McGuire Foundation in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
18. By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the scholarship prize.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior
20. The DeDe McGuire Foundation may make the winner’s name available publicly infinitely after closing date.
21. The DeDe McGuire Foundation’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. DeDe McGuire Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
23. The DeDe McGuire Foundation, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of The DeDe McGuire Foundation’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the contest may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any scholarship prize or prizes. If the The DeDe McGuire Foundation makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a contest, The DeDe McGuire Foundation reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future contests and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. The DeDe McGuire Foundation reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of The DeDe McGuire Foundation’s control. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by The DeDe McGuire Foundation.
25. If for any reason this contest cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The DeDe McGuire Foundation that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, or if the contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, The DeDe McGuire Foundation reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest.
26. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and The DeDe McGuire Foundation reserves the right to substitute any scholarship prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
27. The DeDe McGuire Foundation is not responsible for inaccurate scholarship prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this contest.
28. The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Texas law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Texas.
30. Entry into the contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.